Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hard day today - Day 2 of Attack

Today was hard, possibly because I was so busy at school that I kept going with 2 cups of coffee and only ate my oatbran at around 1:15 in the afternoon. Will try not to do that again. I did not feel so hungry in the morning so managed to keep going, once I ate the bran I felt so hungry and then ate chicken salad. So here is what I ate:

Breakfast - nothing(won't do that again)
2 cups of coffee and 2 glasses of water
Lunch - Oat bran porridge with sweetener and then chicken salad
2 cups of tea
2 fried eggs with a smattering of onions and lemon juice for flavour
Snack - 1 zero fat prune yoghurt

I really struggle on the PP days to eat a variety of food. It seems my regulars will be eggs and oat bran. I am also tired of chicken after 2 days of it so today I will try beef. Turkey Ham would also be an option!
So even though it was hard I did not feel tempted to cheat and my family had PHD pizza for supper. I am not a huge pizza fan but the strange thing about this diet is that in the beginning anyway, once you cut out carbs all you want is carbs............that may be just me, and I know I am weird anyway:-)

I had forgotten how inspirational is is to read everyone elses blog and know I am not alone out there.
Hope everyone has a good day
Jeanette
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Jeanette, it's normal to have a carb withdrawl. You're not weird! :) haha - I'm not a sweet tooth person, but tend to crave sweets when on a diet! You had a good day. Just as you said, try and have your oats in the morning. It should fill you up well till lunch. Or just have a couple of boiled eggs. Protein stays well too. Make a beef stew, or meatballs for a change :) - just some ideas. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jeanette! I'm sorry that you had a hard day. For me, PP days are also hard because I need variety in my diet, or else I get bored. My go to's for PP days are: eggs ( I try to eat eggs in the morning for a protein packed breakfast: 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites) with turkey bacon ( the low salt kind). Other's that keep me sane: variety of seafood. I get frozen packs from Costco ( shrimp, tilapia, salmon), and I buy huge packs of chicken tenderloin ( hubby and I do not like chicken breast, so we go with the tenderloins). I am staying away from pork, and beef because we don't really care for it, and eat it when we eat out. This is getting really long, but another thing that I invested in was to buy a meat grinder for my kitchenaid, and I will grind up the chicken and other meats! You can do this! =] xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Jeanette! I'm finally catching up on people's blogs, and agree that it's so inspiring to see how everyone else is doing -- particularly since so many of us are motivated after the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete