Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 93 - it took me a while to figure the dates out again!!!

Breakfast - Oat bran and zero fat yoghurt
Lunch - steak and a bit of green salad
Snack - 3 biscuits, 2 slices roast beef, 1 turkey frank
Supper - Quasadillas and a turkey frank

All in all a very hungry day again! When I look back at my food diaries and see how little I was eating some days I wondered how I survived. I am really hungry!!! Is this happening to anyone else???
I spent a long time talking to a friend at school who has been on a hard diet and has had her hair falling out and she looks and feels unwell. I was telling her about Dukan and when she told me some of the things her Dr. suggested I could not even believe he was a Dr.! She was told not to look at trees and not to go near body creams. She also had to have a complete food fast for the first 30 hours. She was so pleased she lost 3 kg. I told her it was probably all water and I was raving about Dukan while trying not to criticize her previous diet. Unbelievable!!!
I gave her details and told her to look it up on the web. One of the things I loved about the Dukan book was that it was easy to read and I learnt things about why my body responds the way it does. I felt like it really educated me about diet and thinking about food.

Oh well thus ends my rant on quack diets!!!
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Not to look at trees? What on earth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear.....and I live in the middle of the countryside surrounded by trees, no wonder I put on weight!! (And all that lovely body cream I've been rubbing in, I didn't realise it was SO heavy!!)

    Seriously though there are some pretty weird diets out there, but I've never heard of that one.

    Glad you've caught up with the days again.

    Suexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, what? That sounds utterly ridiculous.

    On another note - I use a spreadsheet to remind me what day of the diet I'm on, which is projected out to March next year. If you're not a massive Excel fan but can work your way around a bit, feel free to use the Progress Spreadsheet I put on my blog: http://charlottesdukandiet.wordpress.com/2010/08/11/the-progress-tracker/

    Lemme know if I can help you set it up a bit better - this spreadsheet has been my bestest, most favoritest document since June. I keep mine on Google Docs so I can access it wherever/whenever I want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it all sounds so crazy doesn't it. What people cannot believe or take in is that if you are hungry on Dukan you can eat!!!
    Yeah Sue I reckon that is why I put on weight - it is the massive array of body creams that I am addicted to Mind you some of them do smell delicious!!!..........lol
    Thanks Charlotte - I will check it out!
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete