Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 79 Cruise PP

Breakfast - Oat bran porridge
Lunch - left over crock pot beef
Supper - some beef stew and 2 slices of turkey ham
Snack - 2 slices of turkey ham with light cream cheese.

Oh thank goodness this day is over! I am in a bad mood for no apparent reason and I hate that.
I have started worrying about whether I will be able to maintain this lifestyle long term - which just shows you that I am in a bad place right now. I am wondering if I will ever be able to eat pizza or potatoes or pasta without worrying that I will put it all back on again.
I know I have 7 kg to go but now that I am over the halfway mark I find I am worrying about things that are probably inconsequential.

I keep telling myself that I will eat potatoes on Christmas Day but that is the time I probably should be careful as there will be so much food around that I should not eat.
Will I ever be able to eat without worrying again? Or is this my life now? Do I want this to be my life??

As you can see I am having a down patch. I am probably thinking about things that I should not worry about.

I am so grateful for you guys out there that read my blog and comment. Your encouragement is what keeps me going and what I credit my weight loss to. Somehow being accountable to you all really helps me think about what I am putting into my mouth.
OK I am done being maudlin and pathetic! Hope that everyone had a more cheerful day than I had today!

2 comments:

  1. I think we all have days like that. God help the man that gets in our way when we do!!

    I really don't think you should worry about the long term too much at the moment. Sure eat potatoes at Christmas, have a few treats and enjoy yourself, but give yourself a deadline when you 'get back down to business'.

    Once we reach Consolidation and then Stabilisation we have the Protein Thursdays to reign us in and keep us on track, something that will always help your body remember the diet.

    And the main thing is that we are all learning a bit of commonsense about eating while we are dieting and also, by and large, staying away from junk food, which is the main culprit for making us gain weight.

    Hope your day is better today.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue
    That was just what I needed to hear. Today I feel a bit better so thanks for taking time to write back!!
    Hope you are having a good day too.
    Jeanette
    xx

    ReplyDelete