Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 72 Cruise PV

Weigh day tomorrow am so we will see how this week has been. I tried on a pair of black trousers that I bought at Christmas in SA. I am usually a size 14 - well I have been for a few years now - and one of the reasons I started this diet was that even 14's were becoming too tight and I refused to buy 16's. Anyway I tried them on today and I was really shocked at how big they were. They were not big around my waist but around my bottom and thighs. They flapped.

I am now fitting comfortably into most of my 14's and a few of them are too big. I have really been enjoying wearing my jeans with ease and I have some smaller pairs that are waiting. I suppose the most rewarding thing about dieting is the fitting into clothes.

Well this is what I ate today:
Breakfast - Oat bran porridge cooked with cinnamon(cooking it is def better than adding it at the end)
Lunch - left over crock pot beef
Snack - a few bites of my daughter's croissant - oops - just a few bites really!!!!
Supper - chicken with salad and 5 crab sticks

The other thing is that based on people's comments and stuff I have read I have decided to change my goal weight to 56 kg. I realised that my weight watchers assessment was a LONG time ago. Pre children and pre 30's..............I read that for every child you can add on a kg(I have 2)For every 10 years you can add on a kg or so. Not sure how accurate this is but I have seen it in a few places. So I decided to add 3 kg on to my goal weight.

I have not even been 64 kg for ages, so when I get to 60 kg that will be amazing!
Sorry it was a very long posting - just needed to get my thoughts on paper so to speak..............I will shut up now.
Hope everyone had a good day.
xx

3 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!!! I am so proud of you! You must feel so good about your clothes! Just think of all the shopping we can do when I get there! You GO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful Jeanette. It's really great that you decided on your target weight. And i agree that the old estimate wouldn't probably work now (after kids and in the 30's). That's what i put into consideration before i started Dukan. I should remember that i'm 33 and i have 2 boys. Stay strong. You can do it. I'd be the happiest person if i reach 60 kgs! haven't seen that in soo soo long! hehe
    and YES, it does feel great when you can fit into old clothes/jeans! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the best feeling when that zip slides up easily on a pair of jeans you've not been able to get into for ages!!

    You're right to adjust your target weight, kids and years do make a difference (unfortunately).

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete