Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 70 Cruise

Breakfast - NOTHING, Josh was running in a race so we up and out the door early!
Lunch - Chicken salad and 2 slices of ham
Supper - 3 slices Dukan bread and cream cheese - the bread came out great. I made a double batch and it will be great for those mornings when I have to dash out of the door.
Snack - some biscuits

I knew that this would happen - the moment I start feeling good about the weight I have lost I become complacent"oh a bite of this won't harm, a little cake here and there"
Before you know it I will have not lost all that I need to lose and I will be putting it all back on again. Having said all that I don't miss those foods terribly but sometimes it is just easier!

Especially with Christmas coming up - baking which I love - all those cookies and cakes.
I am trying to be more creative in the food that I make so making the Dukan bread yesterday was good. Honestly what I miss the most is something to nibble on with my tea.
Like cookies that are not just fluff and air.
I wonder if one could make meringues with sweetener and how that would taste???

2 comments:

  1. I made some meringues with sweetener the other day, and they just tasted like fluff!! It seems a huge part of getting meringues to be crunchy and chewy and 'just right' is the addition of sugar.

    I kept them in a tin and in 2 days they had gone like weird fluffy marshmallows. So in my opnion not good!!

    Oh well back to the drawing board.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so well! You have amazing will power! Keep focussed on your goal and Lord willing, I will be there in Dec. to encourage you through the difficult Christmas time...

    ReplyDelete