Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 59 Cruise - EXERCISE DAY

Well I had an interesting day!

I made 5 batches of playdough - yes you heard right! I had all the nursery teachers come so I could show them how to make playdough. Hopefully this means that next time they need it they will be able to make it themselves. I made 2 batches in the microwave which was super easy! My arm got lots of exercise today with the dough on the stove.

Breakfast - Oat bran porridge
Lunch - Turkey ham rolls with light Philly (chive flavour)
Supper - Steak, egg, baby marrow and green pepper.

I had so much coffee today - I am hoping I will sleep tonight. I also had about 2.5 l of water today.

My other HUGE news is that I finally got to the gym and did 20 min on the walking/jogging machine. I even managed to jog for 3 min - with walking breaks in between - I would not want you to think I am super fit or good at jogging - cos I am not!

I then did 10 min on the bike so I am very pleased with myself. My husband got sick of me moaning that I can't get off 65 kg so he told me to get myself to the gym and do some exercise. 65 kg - you will be history SOON................

4 comments:

  1. Go girl! Keep up the exercise, and 65kg will definitely become history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Jeanette!! Yes, 65Kg WILL BECOME HISTORY! Great attitude!
    On a different notice, do you mind telling me how you made the play dough? i have a 3 yr old and a 1 year old who enjoy playing with dough. Problem is, they like tasting it too, but if it's made at home with natural things, i'll feel "a bit" better about them tasting it! :)hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Naomi and Julie.

    Here is the playdough recipe:

    2 cups flour
    1 cup salt
    4 desert spoons cream of tarter
    4 desert spoons oil
    2 cups of water
    colouring

    Mix above in a pot until lumps are mostly gone. Put on heat and stir continuously until it forms a ball and stops being very sticky.
    OR
    Mix above in microwave safe bowl. Put in microwave on high for a minute at a time. take out and stir together after every minute. Needs about 4 min with stirring inbetween.

    It is dead easy and the colours are so beautiful - all the kids love it and if they eat it or taste it is is very salty but no harm done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am proud of you and your exercise...I have been very demotivated with walking in the last 2 months but have decided I need to buck up now...so will definitely make my daily targets. Have had a headache the last few days and also been sick with a cold blech!

    ReplyDelete