Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 55 & 56 Cruise PV

Day 55

Breakfast - Oat Bran Porridge
Lunch - various Salads and Chicken
Snack - Low Carb biscuits
Supper - Turkey rolled up with Light Philly cream cheese and Chives

Day 56
Breakfast - none as I was running late
Tea and coffee
Lunch - broccoli salad with cheese and bacon bits, crab salad
Supper - Oat bran porridge

We had been invited to a lunch today and there were so many non Dukan things. They served Chicken lasagna and regular lasagna. I love the chicken one but I resisted, mostly because there were people there who I had not seen for ages so they could see I had lost some weight and wanted to know how. So while it was hard to say no to some of the food it was helped by the fact that it is obvious I have lost weight.

I was also really pleased as my friends had come back from overseas and brought me some more oat bran as well as wheat bran. However they also brought me some Thorntons Brazil Nut toffee - which I have put safely away for sometime later.

There were some delicious desserts on the table - choc squares and ice cream, cake, tart etc etc. I almost took some vanilla ice cream...............almost!!!

I am sitting here typing and eating my porridge for supper, thinking that I really need to get more creative with my food. That broccoli salad today was delicious.

3 comments:

  1. You are a hero for passing up on those delicious goodies! Well done on you will power! Am glad that you are feeling positive about your efforts! They are obviously paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really impressed that you resisted the temptation today. Maybe I need to learn what Dukan recipes look like so that we can have you over without feeling guilty about all the "inappropriate" food we have on offer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mary Ann and Naomi.
    You should not feel guilty at all Naomi - it is me who chose to eat this way and actually apart from desserts - which I can't have anyway there were delicious salads and veg sticks.
    So don't you worry about anything!! It was a lovely day and I enjoyed seeing everyone and you and J spoke really well in church. I enjoyed it and was challenged immensely.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete